Traverse BOM: Xs & Os
I am so excited for this month because this is the first month in the BOM where we use my favorite technique for foundation paper piecing!
When I was designing the quilt, I tried to construct the O Blocks with just traditional piecing and they just weren't fun or accurate (for me at least!).
In the past, I had always used freezer paper piecing, but the manufacturing of freezer paper has changed over the years, making it more resistant to sticking to some fabrics when ironed. My new method is a marriage between freezer paper piecing & traditional foundation paper piecing with reusable templates.
This process made me fall in love with paper piecing again, so I hope you will too!
- Week 1: Cut fabric
- Week 2: Sew the X blocks
- Week 3: Sew the O blocks
- Week 4: Sew the row
Monthly Sponsor & Prize
- Post progress photos of your pluses on Instagram using hashtags #traversebom and #artisancottons.
- You must have a public Instagram profile to participate so we can see your photos
- Photo must be posted by March 31, 2023.
- A winner will be chosen randomly in April. Winners will be announced on Instagram and contacted via DM.
- This month's giveaway is open to United States participants.
- Post photos of your progress on Instagram using hashtags #traversebom and #artisancottons
- Join my Facebook Group to share photos and chat with other BOM and workshop participants.
- Sew Along Intro
- Month 1: Flying Geese
- Month 2: Pluses
- Month 3: Half Circles
- Month 4: Square Dots
- Month 5: Hourglass
- Month 6: X's & O's
- Month 7: Diamonds
- Month 8: Hexagons
- Month 9: Half Squares
- Month 10: Triangles
- Month 11: Assembling the Quilt Top & Basting
- Month 12: Quilting & Binding
Meet Tara Faughnan
Hi there! I am a professional textile designer and quilter living and working in Oakland, CA.
Sign up for emails to receive the latest news on workshops, Color Collective, and more. Plus you'll get a 15% off coupon to use on your next order.